In our shop, you’ll find a wide range of stencils of various sizes and for many different purposes, but all of our stencils are made of Mylar 190 micron (food grade FDA approved, so it can also be used in bakery) with a solvent proof polyester film, which means that they’re thin enough to be flexible but thick enough to be durable over time.
Mylar has excellent resistance to moisture and most chemicals and can withstand extreme temperatures from -70° C to 150° C (even if we suggest not to stress it this much), and containing no plasticizer. Mylar is no brittle over time under normal conditions. It also has a very good resistance to commodities and acids, halogenated compounds used as refrigerants.
We suggest to always store the stencils trying not to bend them, but you can choose if you prefer to store them horizontally or vertically - they’re very sturdy!
Always wash the stencils right after use with warm water and a neutral soap, paying attention not to bend or stress the smallest cuts, and if you take this simple care you can use them hundreds of times.
Depending on the size, our craft stencils can be used in so many ways!
Here are some of the stencils you can find in our shop:
- Stencils for coffee and cappuccino decoration
- Stencils for Stencil Genie, cookies & cake decoration
- Stencils for face painting
- Stencils for body painting (temporary tattoos using paint, henna or even glitters)
- Stencils for craft & hobby (DIY)
- Stencils for scrapbooking & paper
- Stencils for spraypainting and airbrushing
- Stencils for walls and tiles decor
- Stencils for wood signs
- Stencils for fabric painting (T-shirts, pillows, blankets, …)
…and many other painting masks! :)
HOW ARE YOUR STENCILS MADE?
First of all, Gianluca thoughtfully designs the stencils combining creativity and experience, making sure that all stencil bridges are barely visible and positioned in the best way possible to guarantee perfect results.
Then it’s time for cutting the stencils: with a super-precise laser machine, we cut the painting masks and check everything is perfect.
The last stage is the testing, that lets us find out if there’s something that needs to be modified in the design.
ON WHICH MATERIALS CAN I USE THE STENCILS?
We use 190 micron Mylar for our stencils, that makes them perfect for any kind of surface thanks to its flexibility and versatility. Also, being food grade Mylar, you can decorate food and drinks too.
WHAT TYPE OF PAINT SHOULD I USE?
Most latex and acrylic paints work great, and are also very easy to clean on stencils.
CAN I USE SPRAY PAINT?
Sure you can! In this case, to avoid paint bleeding under the stencil, use spray adhesive on the back of the stencil to make sure it sticks perfectly to the surface.
WHAT CAN I DO TO AVOID PAINT BLEEDING WHEN I USE THE STENCILS?
When using the stencils, paint bleed can always occur, due to the nature of stenciling. However, there’re some tips to reduce bleeding:
- don’t use too much paint: excess of paint on the brush/sponge/roller is the biggest reason for bleed. So remember to off load your brush/sponge/roller on a paper before painting on the stencil, it’s always better to make 2 coats of paint instead;
- don’t use too much pressure when painting: always be gentile, trying not to move the edges of the stencil;
- use latex or acrylic paint: it dries faster, so there’re less chances for it to seep under the edges.
And if some paint bleed occurs, no panic! Try to clean it right away if possible with a baby wipe, or retouch it later with a small brush and some base color paint.
WE HANDLE YOUR STENCILS WITH GLOVES. FOR REAL!
Quality is our priority number one: we do our best to make sure every single stencil turns out great!
All stencils are made to order, so we laser cut them for you only, as we receive your order.
After this first step, each and every stencil is hand finished: we check them one by one to make sure everything is perfect, to strive the best results possible when you use them.
Last but not least, we wash the stencils before packing them: this ensures that every sheet is perfectly clean and with no dust at all (ready to be used right away!), and lets us make a final check on each part of the stencils.